A few facts aboat St Philip & St James Church, Groby.
(text kindly supplied by the Spotlight magazine)
St.Philip and St. James Church was built in 1840 by the Earl of Stamford owing to the distance to Ratby Church from his home in Bradgate House, and 'to the foulness of the way there'. Henry Grey, the 7th Earl of Stamford, decided to build a chapel of Ease at Groby for the princely sum of £2,300.
Although Groby had no church prior to 1840, it is recorded that in earlier times two or three chapels existed here. After the Norman Conquest in 1066, many castles were built throughout the country.